Sleep and exercise are both critical to our life. In the busy world today, we are not able to give time for rest and exercise. But we need to make quality time for sleep and exercise. Sleep is necessary to achieve a sound and calm mind for thinking and using it for the entire day. Exercise helps in keeping your body fit and healthy. Daily physical activity will bring many benefits to your body. It even allows you to avoid many diseases which may cause you due to unhealthy habits. Maintaining both sleep and exercise will be a perfect combination in your life. But we may sometimes think that which is more important. So, we can understand and know about it by going through this.
Importance of Sleep
Having a good sleep is incredibly essential for our health. Lack of sleep may result in various problems that may affect your life. Sleeping in an efficient amount is needed by all age groups. The short duration of sleep can lead to a risk group of obesity and gaining weight. The ones who get adequate sleep consume low-calorie foods. And, if the rest is less, it may affect hormones that regulate appetite.
Getting adequate sleep is essential for students and those who are working. Because good sleep can provide you more concentration and focus, it is necessary for brain functions, and it will be negatively affected if you have sleep deprivation. Some studies have revealed that in students, good sleep seems to improve their performance and solving skills. Good sleep can also enhance the athletic performance of individuals.
Sometimes, getting not enough sleep can make you fall to some riskier disease. Studies have shown that they include in the risk group of heart disease or stroke. Getting quality sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours can improve your immune functions and fight infections. So, we can understand that rest is something significant to us in our life.
Benefits of Sleep
- Good sleep can help you reduce stress, which helps prevent the elevation level of stress hormones.
- Our brain is busy restoring memories and remembering things even though our body is taking rest. So, getting quality sleep can help the brain do its work some more relaxed, improving your memory.
- Receiving a plentiful sleep will lead you to a state of relaxation, which will help you reduce blood pressure that decreases the chances of heart attacks and strokes.
- Sleeping can help your body to produce many extra proteins that are capable of fighting against the infections.
- Sleep can make you maintain your weight by regulating the hormones that affect the appetite and decrease our cravings for high-calorie foods.
- Sleeping can put you in a better mood as you can stay stress-free and calm, which will make you refreshed.
Importance of Exercise
Doing exercise every day is beneficial for our body. It can even protect you from getting affected by some diseases which cause due to unhealthy problems. Exercise plays an essential role in staying active and healthy. It helps us maintain our healthy weight and avoid our body fats that are not good, causing obesity. It helps to reduce many kinds of diseases, which are physical and mental.
Exercising as frequently as possible will also help you to maintain shape and also helps to avoid stress. It makes you feel relaxed and refreshed, which will, in turn, give you a good mood for doing your other chores. Exercise also makes you fast asleep, which will help you take a rest and start afresh day ahead.
Exercising is also suitable for reducing the risks of heart diseases like heart attacks. It will help you to maintain a low blood cholesterol level and low blood pressure level. You must try to keep at least 30 minutes for exercise. For mind relief and a healthier body, physical activity is indeed essential.
Benefits of Exercise
- Increasing the sensitivity of hormones like serotonin and norepinephrine in our brain can relieve your stress. Studies have also shown that exercise can enhance endorphins’ production, which will induce positive vibes to your minds.
- Many of the people in the entire world is suffering from obesity and weight gain related sickness. Exercising is an essential and primary choice for reducing or maintaining your weight.
- Exercising every day can also help you in building the right bone muscles. The people who have been practicing gymnastics, swimming, soccer, basketball, etc., have been seen to have a higher bone density than an average person who does not exercise.
- Exercising can even reduce the chance of getting affected by any chronic disease. They can help you to improve insulin sensitivity and fitness related to cardio.
- The stress that we experience in our day-to-day life can damage the cells that damage our skin’s interior. Exercise helps and promotes more blood flow, which repairs the skin from damage and aging.
- Exercising leads to an increase in heart rate, which will, in turn, enhances the oxygen and blood flow in the brain cells.
Which is more important? Sleep or Exercise?
Sleep and exercise are both equally important in every aspect. If we need to lead a healthy and proper life, both rest and physical activity are necessary. Both of them have their benefits. If you exercise hardly daily and do not get the needed amount of sleep, it will indeed affect your lifestyle.
Not getting enough sleep can lead us to many problems and will make changes in our daily moods. As you exercise, you may get tired, and if you do not get enough sleep, you may feel exhausted throughout the whole day. If you sleep and do not exercise at all, you will be affected by many problems, including obesity and other diseases, causing weight gain. And sleeping for a long time makes you lazy and also again you feel sleepy the whole day.
So, we can see that skipping one thing and doing another will not be beneficial. Try to balance both and do it equally. It means we need a quality of sleep and need to do exercise to stay fit and healthy.
We all have understood that both sleep and exercise play important roles in our life. If we lack one of them both, it can affect your healthier lifestyle. With regular practice, you can protect your health physically and mentally. Getting adequate sleep will help you to start a day with a fresh mind. But, one important thing is that everyone has their preferences. Some may like to work out daily, and some do not.
First of all, you need to listen to your body and plan what your body needs. For getting a fit body, you should not overdo exercise as it can also harm your body. Whenever you feel tired of doing anything, you need to take a rest and do it afterward.
Do not sleepover as it can make you too lazy. Sleeping for a long time makes you feel sleepy and tired again and again. So, we all only need an adequate amount of sleep and exercise. If anyone asks which is essential from rest and exercise, then its answer changes as people’s preferences change.